Blogs for outdoor enthusiasts

I am currently designing a product around how people that participate in outdoor activities (Camp, Hiking, Kayaking, mtn biking, etc…) plan their activities or before they embark on major trip such as Alaska, Moab, Applicant trail or any other high risk areas. While in my research phase I have been looking for a Blog out there similar to this one where I could put up a post and get some feedback on what their routines are. I also plan to do some more traditional research, but I thought this could give me some really great insights. I know there are a few of you on here that are into those kind of activities and was wondering if you would be able to help me out in finding this.

Thanks in advance for your help and I will keep you posted on the progress of the project.

Anyone???

Well, its not necessarily a blog, but provides a VAST wealth of info:

Backpacking.net

Also, When I hiked the Appalachian Trail, I posted my day to day feats at

TrailJournals

Mine

Oh and If you need any info, I hiked in 2004 for 850 miles from Mt. Katahdin to New York City. Took me about 3 months. I’de be happy to assist in any questions!

That sounds great!!! i may take you up on that offer.

This is a little primitive but check out magazines such as Backpacker and Outside. They usually have articles about featured athletes and talk through the routines they use to get ready for there activity. You can also read Into Thin Air it is a good book on problems faced when climbing Everest. Also check you local stores I don’t know were you live but there should be at least one outdoor store and talk to the people that work there. Try not to go to REI some of the employees are super knowledgeable others know jack. Find a good locally owned store try to make sure it does not sell guns (no offense) this is a different kind of outdoor store. Try to find a climbing gym some of those people are really connected. Again some of this advice is area specific but I hope this helps. Also if you have any question I have climbed thirteen 14,000 foot pikes in the United States and going to attempt one more tomorrow if you have question feel free to email me. I am also a avid cyclist and skier. So if you are looking for advice in any of these categories I will be glade to help.

www.coroflot.com/danielstearman

Thanks guys for the responses. I am getting close to finishing the research part of this project and will post my findings. It is a personal project so it is taking some time.

I’m quite late on this one, but check out the forums on Teton Gravity Research (tetongravity.com)

I also saw some interesting videos on the Marmot website yesterday about a guy packing for his trip up Everest.