Best Design Commercial ever

Just saw this commercial during the Olympics, not sure how new it is, I rarely watch TV, but I loved how they made good, modern, time appropriate design a synonym for progress.

5 days and no response, not even to say “I hate Audi”?

Nice commercial!

I hate wood trim.

I like it. I also like the Infiniti/Nissan one that kind of ties sketching (that one line) in with car design.

I don’t get it.

Those new LED running lights are NICE!! They really look great on the new A5.

I loved that commercial. I’ve always been a bigger fan of Audi than MB, so that was my favorite part. And the “Out with the old, in with the new” point of view was executed very well, I believe.

Here’s the commercial (“Truth in Progress”) cleaner and direct, as well as the ability to d/l it and the music and see other Audi commercials (no I’m not pimping for Audi):

Overall I like the commercial but the part where you see the finger pushing the car’s Start button(?) doesn’t work for me, it’s a bit random in the ‘no humans (only a dog)’ scheme.

I saw an Audi w/ the LED running lights in the wild the other day. I like the idea and how it looks from a couple angles but overall something about it doesn’t quite work, maybe after seeing it a few more times.

Enjoy,
-Peter

I saw an Audi w/ the LED running lights in the wild the other day. I like the idea and how it looks from a couple angles but overall something about it doesn’t quite work, maybe after seeing it a few more times.

Wait 'til you see an R8 on the street… mindblowing.

I saw one of those yesterday. I agree…there is no other word other than WOW.

That’s cool but maybe they should have showed the progression in autos instead - may have made more sense, but I guess they’re targetting the cognescetti.
I like this one. Just reading about how they made it. I’m totally on the footwear train these days:

(wait, I just remembered - didn’t Cadillac already do the auto progression thing in a commercial?)

BMW X6 clay modeling commercial comes close:

This ones old and more auto than design related, but it follows that “progress” thought.

One of my all time favorites - probably watched that a few dozen times with the speakers cranked. Watching without sound doesn’t do it justice. :smiley:

I personally think this is the best audi advert so far.

its been running in the uk for a while now.

Play on repeat until you do.

No way! First off, it ends with an x6, immediate disqualification for “best Design Commercial”

It’s bad enough the Audi one ends with the A4, and not a last generation A6, A8 or TT

YES! I love that commercial. When I first saw it I thought to myself “I cannot believe Ferrari is running a TV spot!” Unfortunately it is for Shell, but what an awesome spot… do any gas commercials even work? Why do they bother? Don’t most just go with cheapest/most convenient? I know that runs contrary to everything I’ve ever typed on here, but… it is gas.

That is a cool spot, but the reason I like the one I posted is not because it is an Audi spot (really could have been for almost anything) but because of the level of design snobbery it displayed and conveyed as progress.