AVERAGE SALARY FOR DESIGNER IN HONG KONG

Hi folks,

Just wondering what the average salary for a product designer with 3 years experiance, overseas trained, uk passport with HK id??

Thanxs

18,000 HKD to 22,000 HKD depending on what company u work for…
expected a lot of over time if not a big corporation. if u have a UK passport and HK ID… it don’t effect your salary. But they might give you some money for housing or transportation.

Is HK a good place for ID? Now that Shanghai’s back in business.

Shanghai had developed a lot compare with 10 years ago! Hong Kong is a good place for ID because of it’s history. Most designers has to go to mainland even they works in Hong Kong becuase the fact that most factory is in China.
As far as salary goes…
being in Shanghai gets lower salary ( depending on the position)
Let see… I gets offer around $ 13,000 HKD/per month( $ 1600USD) fresh out of college in Hong Kong and someone in Shanghai offer me …
$1500 Chinese dollar. I know that $1500 goes a long way in China, but it wouldn’t be enough for me to buy shoes! :laughing:

$ 13,000 HKD/per month IS NOT $ 1600USD dumbass.

$ 13,000 HKD/per month IS NOT $ 1600USD dumbass.[/quote]

Oh Yes it is dumbass.

13000 HK $ is $1600 US asshole.

I just love how some people likes to make fun of others and not to do research about it, I am lucky most of my friend are intelligent and creative people. But surprisingly, a small amount of American have no idea what the rest of the world is like outside of America… or even their state…
HK dollar rate is directly related to American Dollars, I think that policy has been there for ages. ( correct me if I am wrong)
$1USD=$7.75HKD
I am not right on everything, but I do not get money messed up!
the fact is:
$13,000HKD is $ 1677.419USD!! :smiling_imp:

This depends on where you buy US dollars. It can be cheaper thru your bank or a lot thru other banks. The fact is, the value is not fixed. Dumb Ass!

It can be more than 1677 US for the fact that you still ahev to pay fees, and transactions. it can go up to 1750 you freakin moron from outside of America. Show us where u are so we can drop the bomb on you a hole.

I am in NYC…

for those who haven’t work out side of the USA, you should you are missing the world. whats up with the DUMBASS Sh**, what type of intelligence do yo have in your head?nothing but crap?

for those who haven’t work out side of the USA, you should you are missing the world. whats up with the DUMBASS Sh**, what type of intelligence do yo have in your head?nothing but crap?

I am not missing anything here in the US. Why should I work in China-communist, Hong Kong- past its prime, Taiwan- about to be blown up.

I live in peace here in the US, I can go to the Caribean, go skiing in Canada, or visit cultural stuff in NY, DC, Mexico, and go surfing in Cali, smoke weed in Seattle. What am I missing? None.

He’s right.

HK is no longer a powerhouse as its once was; focus shifted to Shanghai
TW is always under the threat of PRC
S KOR is about to be annihilated by N KOR
CHIN is polluted, crowded, so very cutthroat
INDO/MALAY is under Islamic influence
JAPN is struggling with financial turmoil

NORTH AMERICA is still a better place to live.

Oh, BTW, the USD is being ‘driven’ by China.

For your information I am an American working in Tokyo Japan. I was only encouraging people to work outside of the USA, it can be in Europe any where didn’t have to be CHINA or HK. But I do happen to know a freind working in top managment in CHINA who earns over 110,000usd annualy, paid for housing and a private car. If you don’t know the situation outside of the cage do some research. Why so much anger? design is about being creative keeping a open mind, open to cultures. unless of course your firm is not going international. one job leads to another, and foreigners are especially welcome in Asia.

What about America? not in depression? dollars are not slipping? economic slump is a chain reaction. China might sound like far orient to some of you, thats just because you never been there or seen it. Korea is one of the most advanced cities today, taxis are equiped with GPS and English translators, technology in Japan is far more advanced propably you won’t see it in the next 5-10 years. foreigners are usually paid twice the amount compare to salary at home.

It is not always about money- “don’t get a job, get a life” that’s my motto. I like my country- USA- we have evrything here. I work with people from around the world. Just because you work in Japan does not mean you are more cultured than I am.

American dollar is set at a low rate to increase oue export goods to countries like yours. When the dollar is low, we buy less goods from China, Korea, and Europe. And you thought Americans are stupid!!!

US dollar is driven by China? Chinese currency has no consistent value. It is worthless when the value is unknown- that’s why the Chinese government will continue to buy US dollar because it is the World’s currency benchmark. Got that?

[quote="Anonymous
It is not always about money- “don’t get a job, get a life” that’s my motto. I like my country- USA- we have evrything here.[/quote]

OH! you will have a life in Tokyo! believe me!
great fun and the best time… probably in your life time.
I like usa too, only if living in nice places like Cali or east coast…
US is relax, I think. the working environment is nice and friendly.
I used to think money is important, and then got a job in this boring town in mid-west. :frowning:
Everyone here is s traditional and boring. I won’t mind if I make 20K less for the good life!

Before you decide to work with/for people in China it might be helpful to know this:

The use of the word ‘Orient’ may be offensive to Asians. Its a term originated by Europeans in the days Eurocentric colonisation. Its a dated term- just like the word “Negro” or “Occidental”. As you know by now, Europe is no longer the center of the world.