Autodesk Sketchbook 2009

Anyone have the new version?

What updates/features have they added?

Is it worth the upgrade?

depends how you work. I have it. I like that I can work on PSDs and go back and forth, preserving layers. Obviously, layer styles and blend modes, mask, etc. get lost, but it being a two way street between PS and Sketchbook is very nice.

The other big feature, I think, is the transparency lock. Use it constantly in PS, wished it was in Sketchbook, now it is.

One more nice feature, is that the layers show a thumbnail preview of what is on them, which is quicker than labeling for sure. (you can go either way, per layer)

For the upgrade price, I use these features enough that it was worth it.

nice.

I was hoping for a clone map or something in this release to help out with adding textures to sketches…

i understand its a barebones program though…

You can also fill solid colors into say a box you drew an outline of.
This is quick and easy way of filling large predefined areas with a certain color.

this alone is worth it. dammit, another thingie to buy.

I was hoping for a clone map or something in this release to help out with adding textures to sketches…

that’s the nice thing about being able to save the PSD, go into PS and add your texture, save and open back up in Sketchbook and continue working. It’s a round about way of doing it but works well.