Asia - Where to stay

Hey Gang - I thought it would be fun to start a thread listing recommendations for hotels across Asia.

Personally I am looking for a recommendation for Bangkok in a few weeks. Any ideas for hotels or airbnbs are welcome.

Below are a few places I enjoy when overseas.

Hong Kong - The Kowloon Hotel
Taipei - Cozzi Mingsheng
Taichung - Hungs Mansion
Xiamen, China - Marco Polo
Dongguan - Pullman
Ho Chi Minh - Nikko / Caravelle

I assume we’re talking paid business travel and not private vacation? For private mine is a pretty dull and safe list. These are I places I usually stay at and happy with, but I can’t say I’ve tried more than 2-3 at each location. Nothing spectacular, but good location, good service, descent (smokefree!) rooms, good bed, good breakfast.

Shanghai - Radisson New World
Ningbo - Sheraton
Ninghai - Jinhai New Centrury
Taipei - W
Taipei Airport - Novotel
Taichung - The Landis (formerly Hotel One)

Quanzhou - Wanda Vista: Close to Lingshou which has a strip of westernized/foreign bars and restaurants, did I mention Piggy Bistro;-)? Closer to the city center with alot to see and do.

Quanzhou - Intercontinental: Newer location, new hotel, indoor pool and gym. Very walk friendly attached to an indoor/outdoor mall with grocery store and plenty of restaurants and bars.

Jinjang - Marco Polo: Has an outdoor pool, decent rooms and lounge area, nice gym facility. Nothing to do close except maybe KTV if your looking to venture out.

Hong Kong (Kowloon) - The Royal Pacific - Inexpensive for an easily accessible, quality spot right next to Ocean Terminal, across the street from Kowloon Park (with its own walking bridge into the park), and a five to ten minute walk to multiple MTR stops.

Ho Chi Minh - Le Meridien - More expensive than The Royal Pacific but with solid service and within walking distance of some great bars and restaurants.