Any reason to keep old sketches from college?

Well, I finally got that “first job” about a month ago, and I’m really wondering if it is worth keeping all of my old sketches from college, unless they were from something I’d like to develop more later. Of course I doubt that I’ll ever have a need to show ALL of them at an interview in the future. However, would it be worth to improve the ones that could use some work and have some limited examples from each stage of product development in my old college projects?

burn them and after that send their ashes to the moon.

I’m not there yet, but I have already cleared out some sketches from freshman and sophmore years. I do keep more important ones. I don’t see any disadvantage of keeping them. Maybe they can be sold for millions centuries later :smiley:

hold onto those ones that represnted something important to you. I think it’s good to hold onto at least a few from each year to look back on. I cleared through them about 5 or 6 years ago, stuffed the keepers in a box out of the way.

No matter what you will do with them later, make them into soft copy or slides now,and keep them properly, you may need them for whatever kind of
purpose in future.

Definitely keep the ones that meant something to you. Trash the ones that frustrated the hell out of you or just have bad feelings attached. I agree with seedless as far as archiving them. I took some of my old sketches and leftover model pieces from college and made a sort of assemblage. Kind of a collage but I like the word assemblage, because you are assembling your ideas in a different way. You could do it by project or by year. It is kind of cool way to put them together in a different way to keep those good ideas going. I hope this helps.

Definitely keep the ones that meant something to you. Trash the ones that frustrated the hell out of you or just have bad feelings attached. I agree with seedless as far as archiving them. I took some of my old sketches and leftover model pieces from college and made a sort of assemblage. Kind of a collage but I like the word assemblage, because you are assembling your ideas in a different way. You could do it by project or by year. It is kind of cool way to put them together in a different way to keep those good ideas going. I hope this helps.

I would say keep them. Scan them in and organize them.

We keep all of our old work at the office. You never know what kind of project will come in. At least it is good research.