Any Electroluminescent Lighting Questions, Please Post Here

Hello,

If you have any Electroluminescent Lighting Questions or applications, please post them here, I would be glad to help.

thanks

Ed

allright Ed,

Do you have any experience lasercutting EL sheets? And later how to protect them from moisture in best way? Laminating? But is there any other way?

Also, I got myself some EL sheets but I am not too happy with how sheet looks when it is turned off. I know that’s silly - but hey, when it’s ON it gives me nice cool white light - when it is OFF, though, its color is like some sick purple flat. In my design sheet is visible when off - and so it looks, well, not very good.
Any sheets out there having white or gray surface?

Thanks!

EL paper…
many many questions…
firstly… as the previous person mentioned… lasercutting the sheets??
Butt joining sheets… i.e. 1xA3 sized sheet laser cut in two length ways and then butt joined to create one long 150mm wide strip…
i had a company do this for me but the join was woeful…

problems seem to occur with the laminate de-laminating from the phorphor surface… thus creating dead spots… this was admittedly several years back… but i have not heard of any serious development since…

and one more… any particularly good companies???
spent much of last year trying to did up a decent company but failed… most were not seriously interested in any development…