american chopper is dead...rip or good riddance?

Good riddance and good luck. I liked the show for a season, then the father son bickering got to me.

All the angst and anger over a designer that will not wear hipster trends is quite amusing, but the truth is he will probably do OK. The Comanche bike showed a very nice adaptation of a purely functional design into a purely aesthetic design. The business is both retail and international marketing. They focused on marketing their product as high end design and created a brand image that is successful. They also made a separate product of their design process! On top of all that the guy knows how to craft in a material very well, and is accustomed to planning and then executing a design accurately. He might just do annoyingly well :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s alive.

I just read this whole enjoyable thread.
The OCC guys are talented builders, talented welders, impressive money/PR generators. As designers they are less impressive and the confusion that shows like this create in the minds of some outside the profession is a strain. So I say good riddance.