All eyes on Rim ( Now Blackberry)

Cameron: They called a product “Bold”, doesn’t that count?

I think Alicia has been busy with other things:

Those sneaker heels just look so awkward. Not a fan.

Hah, I hear you on the sneaker heels. I’ve seen acceptable one’s but the graphics on these really don’t work with the shape. But anyway, that would be a whole different thread. :wink:

They are such an oxymoron to me^

I like the shoes more than the blackberry. =)

BlackBerry lays off 250 employees

I wonder if Alicia Keys was among them, I’m sure she needs the job.

Going private sounds like a good move.

BTW, I’ve played with a new Q10 and I was very impressed with the construction, I especially liked the faux carbon fiber back cover.

Massive Layoff Says It’s Over For Blackberry :frowning:

They were in the very difficult position of having driven deep into problems. Once people think your platform is dying, it’s difficult to change that perspective. They needed to steal a page from the Apple playbook and change the conversation. The iMac was not just another computer. The Z10 is just another smartphone.

Their stock is steady this morning.

They are also releasing Android and iOS apps for BBM (but not Windowsphone).

If I had to guess, anyone who paid attention to their portfolio had ditched BBRY years ago, or is holding on because they’re so upside-down there’s no point in selling now.

It’s funny looking at their stock history - the giant spike to over $200 right after the launch of the iPhone, followed by it’s immediate pummeling from the recession. Hard to have much volatility left when you’re only trading @ $10…

Nokia was trading at $2-3 a share before being bought by MS…

That’s true, although I’m not sure who if anyone would want to gobble up RIM. If they did it would likely be for their patent portfolio rather than the hardware play like Nokia and Motorola were.

Unless Ubuntu wants an integrated hardware team, hah.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see them get swallowed up, though by who I don’t know. The massive layoff could be a sign that they’re trimming down everything but the most attractive pieces - patents, engineers and designers to try and position themselves for a sale.

Apple made more money this weekend than BlackBerry will sell for