Alias Studio Tools Skilled Training

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a place to get advanced training in modeling for Alias Studio Tools.

→ I have found a couple of facilities like Imaginet, and DESIGN-ENGINE. Imaginet does not sound like a place for advanced training and DESIGN-ENGINE offers no certification. The certification is not a big deal to me, really the quality of education.

→ Also any thoughts on the value in Alias training compared to Rhino. If Rhino is the next thing for surface modeling then whats the point of putting efforts into Alias. Rhino comes easy to me and I was proficient while in school. Now that I am a professional I am using Alias.

Thanks in advanced!

Rhino isn’t the “next thing” it’s just the “cheaper, more user friendly” thing.

You say you’re already using Alias - do you have a particular set of skills you are looking to pick up?

Rhino isn’t the “next thing” it’s just the “cheaper, more user friendly” thing.

You say you’re already using Alias - do you have a particular set of skills you are looking to pick up?[/quote]

I currently use Alias for surface modeling. I create a solid and import into uni-graphics/NX where I then refine.

What I would like help with is advanced surface’s and how to use all the surfacing tools with more complexity. I have never been trained fully in Alias, just help from other co-workers. I am sure there is much I am missing out on. I would say I am proficient in Alias, by I feel I have my way of using the software and am not using it to its full potential.

Go to Design-Engine. The training is more tailored to dextral hemispheric types. Just wait until it get warmer so you can take advantage of some outdoor breaks.