Air Jordan XXIV concept

Pietro!

How are you man! Damn, you are ONE TOUGH CUSTOMER! LOL

Hopefully my previous post answered some of your questions. The midsole is actually inside the shoe attached to the sock and fits into the ARTM chassis internally.But I see what you mean.

I did a lot of wrestling with the logo and originally had a XXIV where the jumpman is. However, there are several Jordans (VII, IX, XI,XIV, XIV, XVII, XIX) that do have a jumpman logo on the lateral side. I decided to keep it small, but go with it. It’s tough to find an unexpected place after 22 existing models…LOL

The toe box was tough too. I wanted to keep the jordan Language and familiarity, but add a twist to it. If you check out the specs, the toe box is actually a high polished malleable TPU so it stretches less and does not crease. Later I thought of doing a mutli-layerd mesh toe to make it really wild…but I decided it would throw off the balance of the shoe a bit due to the compression sleeve being fabric.

As far as showing the tech…I feel what you are saying, but ultimately the fit system was very busy and would be a bit scary to the consumer I think. So I decided to hide it away completely and let the shoe perform without them having to worry about neccessarily “how”. I decided to make the ARTM piece my focus since it was doing so many jobs and introducing something new as well.

Thanks for the input, all!

HAHAHA…I have to be a tough customer…these babies usually cost around 180 euros and I still can’t afford too much of them!!!

…anyway I was just trowing some idea to make the design less linear. Midsole is hidden, but it looks like you have a normal midsole, which is the one thing I think dosn’t have to happen (just my idea…).

The concept is beatiful and I might consider in spending these 200 bucks!

…I’m fine thanks, hope you will have some free time next month to play basketball because i’d need an opinion about some equipment (which is not a new type of microfibre ball… :wink:)…but only if you are a size 11 or 12…

Ciaoooo
Pietro

Here is a larger view with the correct heel. The first version has the upper fabric I wanted, but this is more correct with a cleaner fabric.

The outsole was where the Leonardo inspiration came in. He was the first man to study flight in depth, and more importantly HUMAN FLIGHT. I noticed that many of his works contained angels…the personification of human flight. I wanted the articulated forefoot to flex in all directions naturally, but also look like an angels wings when MJ flew over his defenders.

Also, Leo wrote backwards and was left-handed. His phrase “Volo strumentale” means human flight. If you look closely, the zipper cover tab on the left foot (page 1 butterfly details) says volo strumentale backwards. Here, on the right shoe it says Jordan. Just a few tidbits for you on how the inspiration played a part in the design.

-TH

This went through a lot of evolution along the way. Here are some older versions:

This seemed too much like the XIX so I scrapped it:

I found this pic of a wolf when I was looking for Airwolf helicopter pics (incidentally, the font I wound up using is from Airwolf) and thought it looked like MJ when he was staring Magic down as he was defending him in the finals. Intelligent and focused… So I had developed the logo to look like a wolf’s eye. In the end, It just didn’t feel right and I thought the jewel might peel away from the sock:

an older version where the sleeve was angled forward. I wanted t to look different than the other J’s in this respect…but it felt anatomically incorrect to my eye. This is also the version with the XXIV logo at the ankle:

Very awesome T. Its very concise and just tons of nice details. I like how deep you went with this and the visual story you told.

As for suggestions, I feel the toe might be a little too clean. You could try adding one row of coffers/ventilation portals to the toe cap. This could possibly add a little more flexibility and ventilation.

I think I am understanding the assembly of the shoe, but the way it is presented seems to be in a confusing order or layout. Maybe if you organized it in a more straightforward manner there would be less confusing. The obvious way would be in a more similar order to an exploded view.

When you first posted it was like an inspirational slap in the face. You really have shown how deep you can go in the design of footwear, from inspirations to research to tech detailing. I also really enjoy reading all of the feedback that you have gotten because it lets you know that revision can be endless also. Once you have a killer presentation like you have created, you can always revisit parts of it and try to make it pop even more. Great work!

Script: Sorry for the confusion. Communicating this stuff in a more organized manner is DEFINITELY an area I need to improve in! And yes, you can never please veryone and revisions are endless.

Arch- Thanks bro! Nice to see you checking this board out-hope all is well with you!

-TH

I would like to know if the Jordan 24 will be released?

Janice, do you mean RE-released as a retro?