Adobe licensing issue

Hey everyone,

If I buy adobe creative suite in the US and bring it back to the UK, can I legally use it, and if so does it qualify for upgrades and support. This goes for Macromedia Software as well. The reason I ask is that I am visiting the states next week, and its almost half the price in the US than in the UK

Anyone with any info would be great, have tried to contact adobe but no joy.

Another one to add to the rip of Britain campaign

thanks in advance


Have you tried calling customer service. I know I won a copy of adobe CS for the mac last spring… but I have a pc. I called customer service and they switched the mac version for the pc no problem.

I’m sure they could answer your question. I find it strange that it would matter what country you buy your software. You can buy this on the internet too.

Cheers Laureng,

I’ll try and find the number. I did email them but have had no reply.


Not sure which number I used:

U.S./Canada customer service
For general questions about Adobe shrink-wrapped products and volume licensing, call 800-833-6687 from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Pacific time, seven days a week.

For questions about an Adobe Store order, call 888-724-4508 from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Pacific time, seven days a week.

UK & Ireland
Adobe Technical Support Centre
UK: 0845 052 2222
Ireland: 1890 927 990
Mekon Limited Adobe Authorised Support Centre.
All FrameMaker products on Mac, UNIX & Windows…
Mekon House, 31-35 St. Nicholas Way,
Sutton, Surrey. SM1 1JN.
Tel: +44 (0)20 8722 8400
Fax: +44 (0)20 8722 8500.