adobe creative suite...sucks?

Ok where i work we have 1 workstation with adobe CS programs…and everyone hates it. I prefer photoshop7 and illustrator 10…because the CS versions are buggy and crap. anyone with the same problems? is it just our computer?

haven’t tried it yet but I have heard great things from those who have. Granted all those using it are on macs.

Give them a few more months. I’m sure there will be downloads to fix some of the bugs. I have notice some font issues with cs posted on the adobe forums.

well, it turns out it was the educational version. i was giving our studio hell so we decided to revert to illustrator 10 and photoshop 7

Why didnt you give CS a chance. I have found it to be very stable, and innovative. Comps are a real time-saver, and all my PS 7 techniquies can still be used. I did not get the impression of instability at all. I am running it on Winddows XP Pro. That might be making a difference

yeah i think the difference was the ‘educational’ version. i havent experienced the full version myself. what are the major advantages of CS over illustrator 10 and ps7?

You can macro tag all your images and file with appropriate metadata.

For example; project, date [stamp], copyright and also I think a log of photoshop editings(!).

This then integrates with the file finder, and voila there you have very powerful version tracking, archiving and rights tool.

The benefit should be pretty obvious for freelancers in particular, plagiarism can be hard to prove, and this feature will likely not be well known for quite a while yet:]

My is very stable, XP pro.

Support for higher bit depth and pixel aspect is also high up on the list.

On the downside it needs some patching, in particular Indesign and I heard Illy had issues with previous file version that can be overcom by not deleting the previous version.

I used it for a while, it’s ok, a few more bells and a few more whistles that make things a little easier, but overall it’s still photoshop and illustrator. If you know them both well you can still do pretty much the same stuff as you could a few versions back, the new tools just save you some more time.

I tried it, didn’t like it, so i switched back to PS7

1. with PS7 (on XP), I can see thumbnails of .psd files on window explorer…but PS CS took that away! I know the thumbnails generation are gonna slow down the computer, but i have a fast comp, it really doesn’t affect me at all!
  2. i realised PS CS takes much longer to perform many tasks. No, it’s not a psychological effect because the loading bar is longer.

anyway, i’m back with PS7 and i’m happy

Are you people on drugs!

CS rocks, we have 15 macs in our studio runnning Adobe CS and not one problem.

There is much more functionality with Illustrator and Photoshop, not to mention the seamless integration with Indesign CS and Version Cue.

I can’t believe people try it and have gone back to PS7 and AI10, if you don’t move with the technology you die.

think about it and don’t be afraid of change

1. with PS7 (on XP), I can see thumbnails of .psd files on window explorer…but PS CS took that away! I know the thumbnails generation are gonna slow down the computer, but i have a fast comp, it really doesn’t affect me at all!

Are you sure about that? This just may be the default setting. Under ‘Preferences’ look in the file handling window. Under image previews you can choose always save. I assume this is what generates the thumbnail.

Just checked online and this does seem to be the case in CS: Modifying File Handling Preferences | Working with Preferences in Photoshop CS | InformIT

I just won Adobe CS standard back in May. I haven’t installed yet since I will be getting a new system soon. :smiley: