Adidas "Defender" Basketball concept

Hi everybody. I finaly got my hands on a good scanner. This a concept shoe for Adidas i have been working on this week. :smiley: . These are mostly the ideation sketches that i did to get to the final design. Any feedbacks and comments is appreciated.

Woah! Man your sketches have made me want to stop the work I’m doing now and sketch! too bad I got a presentation in the morning!

Really like you’re style. Gotta save these on the hard drive.

Gotta say my favourite is the orange sketch, roughly 14 sketches down sort of thing. I like how you’ve used the 3 stripes.
You gonna take this too a final concept? Look forward to seeing it.

Was wondering how big those sketches are? Does one shoe fill up an a4?
If you don’t mind me asking, where u at now? You gradutated?

Keep it up.

A lot of very nice sketches. I need to take a little more time with them, but one quick comment, your bottom view proportions can be sleekened up a bit. Right now the outsole views are a bit chubby and the fore foot has a little too much balance with the heel. Check out the bottom of the Jordan xx1 for some reference.

Your sketches are nice. Watch how you use the 3 stripes though. Companies normally don’t alter the logo alot when applying it to their product. I needs to be still recognizable as an adidas shoe. My favorites are the white and orangle at the bottom and the wht blk and blue on the right half way down the page.

The Boogey Man:“Woah! Man your sketches have made me want to stop the work I’m doing now and sketch! too bad I got a presentation in the morning!” :laughing: It was fun doing those ideation sketches, the markers and pencils were really friendly this week :smiley: .

I’m in Los Angeles now and i’m still in college.

“Was wondering how big those sketches are? Does one shoe fill up an a4?”

They are mostly 6 to 7 inches for the more details one and the other are roughtly 4 inches. i sketched the outsole big enought so that i can shade some part better. I’m starting to sketch less bigger about 3 inches because ii spent a lot of time on these. the smallest the sketches are, the more you can explore. it’s kinda like endurance you have to know how to perform :slight_smile:

“Right now the outsole views are a bit chubby and the fore foot has a little too much balance with the heel. Check out the bottom of the Jordan xx1 for some reference.”

I will work on that.

Reggie: Thanks for the appreciation, me too the white and orange at the bottom its my favorite sketch,it’s the one that lead me to the final sketch ( the first one black and blue) at the top. I will keep sketching from this one and see if there is any more juice into that concept. :neutral_face:

great job on the sketches… you continue to improve all the time! Good stuff. I am really feeling how you do your signature now…a little less rockstar but still def your sig. Good job all around.

jm745: “I am really feeling how you do your signature now…a little less rockstar but still def your sig”

i’m still in search of a new signature :laughing:

Karabo: Excellent stuff man. Loving it! Would try to make that bottom plate view sleeker like MD was sayin’ but otherwise very nice. The final maybe just feels a little too much like a current adidias product, but nevertheless…Good to see you with a scanner!!!

-TH

Karabo how many hours do it take you to do those sketches.

dope stuff, very descriptive!