ACCESSORY DESIGN OR INDUSTRIAL DESIGN?? calling out faculty!

I want to know what would differentiate between accessory design and industrial design. I’m studying accessory design - the specialization being PErsonal products and lifestyle accessories (but somehow the placements of my school include furniture firms and interior spaces too)…I have so far studied subjects such as Elements of Design, Visualisation and Representation, Geometry, Art Appreciation, Material Studies, Computer Applications (Photoshop, Corel Draw) in my 1-yr Foundation. THe programme was not so intensive and not much came out of it. But following that, i studied subjects such as Technical Drawing, Photography, Design Methodology, MAterial Studies, Documentation and Presentation Techniques (Illustrator, Flash, Movie editing software), Simple Design Project, CAD (Truespace). I am currently studying Product GRaphics, Product PAckaging and Ergonomics…I am strong at conceptualisation skills, form generation,ideation, but lack in engineering inputs,the overly technical aspects. I am sure of becoming good at 3d modelling (Max…etc) and my sketching and rendering skills are fairly good which i can further elevate. THE ISSUE IS THAT I HAVE THE CHOICE OF SHIFTING TO A GOOD UNIV OFFERING INDUSTRIAL DESIGN. IS IT A GOOD IDEA TO SHIFT OR CAN IT WAIT TILL I FINISH THIS COURSE, AFTER ONE YEAR, WHEN I WOULD HAVE GAINED SOME INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE AS WELL…

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR PATIENCE…AND PLS REPLY.