A Subdued Streetwear-Style G-Shock - Core77

As of today, there's a new G-Shock in town with a more subdued design: The Pyra x G-Shock GS2100, an updated version of streetwear brand Pyra's GA2100."Pyra have teamed up with G-Shock to design a watch for the elements. The GS2100 is the slimmest G-Shock model and features a carbon core guard structure with an interior case made of carbon fibre-reinforced resin with our signature Volt Yellow accents. Sturdy, reliable, elevated."The $400 watch is limited edition, and sales went live this morning.

I’m a lapsed industrial designer. I was born in NYC and figured I’d die there, but a few years ago I abandoned New York to live on a farm in the countryside with my wife. We have six dogs.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.core77.com//posts/116946/A-Subdued-Streetwear-Style-G-Shock

This just reads as a press release. I can amiagine if its justified under the “object culture” banner if the point is “adding three prints to the band a $100 watch justifies $400 price tag!?”