A little new and a little lost

I’m not sure where a topic like this would go so here we go, bare with me please. I’ve been looking around the forums for a while now and I really like what I’m seeing. I’m new as you can tell, but I’m also new to the whole wide world of design and it’s many niches. I’m a senior in high school and I was hoping that maybe becoming a part of a place like this would help me out some. I have yet to apply to college still, so I’m willing to consider any and all considerations. I live in rural Atlantic Canada where we see just about nothing and live with just about no body. I didn’t even know there was such a thing as Industrial Design till I came across this forum to tell you the truth. I’m hoping to someday have toy design company as a hobby/pass-time/buisness type of thing. For now I’m planning on studying buisness so I can get a better grasp of this side the spectrum before I start selling everything I own to buy tools, supplies and pay for bills. I really hope that I’m posting this in the correct spot since I never saw any type of introduction sub forum on the forums (or I just never looked hard enough).

To sum up, I am new to everything in the world of design and I hope to learn some ticks, tips and have fun while here.

~Madd