A factory in India has plagiarised my website!

Having worked for a Hong Kong company who has dealt with this in China the only solution requires money. you would need to hire a detective agency, like Pinkerton, to go in as a buyer and collect evidence. Then you would need a lawyer in India to take the company to court.

they may not even be aware it was plagiarzed, they prolly would have paid some guy to design it for them and he did all the ‘lifting’ so to speak. gotta find out who built the site for them

Sorry to hear that.

Hopefully the following links help you if not get your material taken down, but to protect your future content:

http://www.timeforblogging.com/2006/12/10/how-to-protect-your-websites-copyright-when-someone-steals-your-content/

Good Luck!

So I sent them two emails during lunch yesterday…

The first email was ripping them apart. Thats all I had intended to send them.

Then I thought about it…

I sent them another email as a potential client. I’m going to casually string them along as I have a minute here or there on lunchbreaks. They’ll be wasting 60 minutes for every 30 seconds I waste on an email reply. Picture this, your worst client ever… that never pays. That’s the idea.

‘I want something sporty but high fashion, something really tough but really delicate, something mainstream but super underground…’

I’ve had at least 3 or 4 Nigerian scam artists send me overnight checks twice ($30 - $150 worth of shipping for each one). It just takes ten seconds of your time.

Best of luck.

:imp: Yea, we have had this happen to us as well. One supplier even copied our name cards. Check it out:

You can write up a notice of copy write infringement and report it to their domain name registrar. That might work if their ISP continues to ignore you. I had this happen recently with content from one of our blogs and I had to go through that process (though the ISP did eventually respond and take down the site). [/img]

There is a good reprint of an article on our blog called " China’s Most Wanted Counterfeiter " which is worth taking a good read over. Here is a quote:

He had even copied ABRO’s labeling, including one sample card with a photo of a woman applying epoxy to a bicycle. The woman, it turned out, was Demarais’ wife. After Demarais pulled out another photo of his wife from his wallet, the trade fair officials booted Hunan Magic Power. “How blatant can you be when you steal my wife’s picture for your card?” asks Demarais.

Article is here:
http://www.acf-china.com/blog/2008/06/03/chinas-most-wanted-counterfeiter/