2nd Interview w/ Ad Agency

I have a second interview with a prominent Ad Agency in Ohio (Yes, Ohio) this week, and I’m wondering if other people have any advice or information on a “typical” second interview? It would be great to actually get a job offer, but since I’ve never had a second interview, I don’t know how they typically go. They’re a big agency, and just hired five more people for their media department just last month.

Any advice anyone? :confused:

Thanks!
~Leigh

Have they asked you about salary yet, benefits? You must have a good chance at the job if you got called back but that doesnt mean you got it yet, its probably down to just a few of you and this is where they’ll probably make their final analysis but dont be suprized if you get called back again, trust me. Make sure you have questions to ask with you, I made that mistake on a third interview and I felt like an idiot but I didn’t know what to expect, i thought it was gonna be an offer. Usually the second interview is no different than the first except you might meet a few more people in the office and theyll probably ask you the same stuff youve already been asked. Hope that helps. good luck :sunglasses:

Have they asked you about salary yet, benefits? You must have a good chance at the job if you got called back but that doesnt mean you got it yet, its probably down to just a few of you and this is where they’ll probably make their final analysis but dont be suprized if you get called back again, trust me. Make sure you have questions to ask with you, I made that mistake on a third interview and I felt like an idiot but I didn’t know what to expect, i thought it was gonna be an offer. Usually the second interview is no different than the first except you might meet a few more people in the office and theyll probably ask you the same stuff youve already been asked. Hope that helps. good luck :sunglasses:

Cool, thank you. Yes, the Creative Director that I met with on the first interview asked how much I was making at my current job. So, I thought that was a good sign. I’m really excited about my second interview, I just need to make sure I’m prepared for the questions they’re going to ask me.

This may be a stupid question, but do I take my portfolio again?

yeah I would take your portfolio again and bring info on past employers and references just in case they want you to fill out an application. I had an interview recently where they lost my resume five minutes before I got there and they had to find my original email to print another copy - so the lesson is bring everything.

I would also follow the advise posted earlier and try to do research on the ad agency and get some good questions together. If I would have known what to ask earlier I wouldn’t be trying to get another job right now.

Make damn sure what it is they want you to do and that you don’t get in there only to be pidgeon holed into a department or job that you don’t want. Otherwise you might find your portfolio filling up with projects that won’t help you and might even hurt you career wise.

Hope this helps.

ya definitely bring your portfolio again, references, resume, business cards, etc. ya make sure you know what you want as the above says, you want to be somewhere where youll have something to show for when your done. i just got my first job out of school and i was just ready to work but really didnt really care where as long it was a job in design. its tempting but something to think about.