2021 Ford Bronco reveal

perhaps too much tonka (vs decepticon) this time?

design thinking has been around for a while, on the hype curve, it’s maturing. it’s influence on the C suite is pretty much maxed out as the firms being swallowed up by corp’s has slowed/stopped.

1 Like

I just read an article about US trucks in the WSJ. Trucks, and SUVs built on truck platforms, account for 70% of US new auto sales. 70!
For those of us who don’t care for trucks, there are always cross-overs. If you don’t like cross-overs, you are SOL.
The WSJ article however focused on the ‘face’ of trucks: the one-upmanship of the brands to create overly aggressive front end grill patterns. The silhouettes of trucks are rather homogenous across brands so the front area is one of the only places to make a distinctive gesture.

Point being, having alternatives to the angry-face-truck, such as the refinement in the Bronco, is a welcomed departure. With that 70% statistic there should be plenty of space to diversify.

1 Like

Well, I guess we didn’t have to wait for autonomous cars to learn that most people hate driving.

1 Like

I think what the Bronco got right is that it is a Bronco. When American car companies lean in to who they are they seem to do better.

2005 Mustang
2005 Chrysler 300
The Challenger/Charger (15 years old, was built on what was an old Mercedes platform even then, and still sells pretty well)
Most Jeeps
The Camaro
GMC Denali
F150
Ram pickup

All of these things look like what they are. Familiarity isn’t a bad thing, especially if you know who you are trying to appeal to. The Bronco sticks with the formula.

I think what the Bronco got right is that it is a Bronco. When American car companies lean in to who they are they seem to do better.

Sound advice for every aspiring executive, as well. :wink:

I was trying not to use the word “authenticity” but it is a cliche for a reason I suppose :slight_smile:

Been wanting to revive this convo for a while as it seems like dealerships (around me anyway) have been taking deliveries of orders for a while, and I’ve seen more and more Broncos (the full size version) around for a few months now. I have to say, I’m completely amazed at the options available. I’m not sure I’ve seen 2 configured the same way yet, and some of them are really great! The more I see the big ones, the more I shake my head at Ford for releasing the “Sport” version that’s just a worthless example. What a waste of time that one is!