I just graduated and earn in a year (USD):

• Less than $20,000
  • $20,000 to $35,000
  • $35,000 to $55,000
  • $55,000 to $80,000
  • $80,000+

0 voters

How much do you make at your new job?

There is a huge difference between $20,000-$35,000 and $35,000-$50,000. What kind of survey is that?

a badly designed one?

one made by designers…
i bet they spent more time oogling over the Mac interface-like bubbly white poll bars

Well, to be useful and effective, a survey must have a large enough sample and be precise about what it is measuring. This is neither.
–J

I would have made the poll more precise, but I knew that the same people who complain about everything in forums would simply have complained that the poll was now too long.

this survey is USELESS. i wouldn’t call it a survey since its only 5 people. that’s like asking everyone in your studio how much they make and use that as the basis of your survey’s results. this is probably someone who is unemployed and has nothing better to do than to make up fake polls.

Sadly, I have little control over how many people feel secure enough in their employment and income to answer an anonymous poll.

people are going to say what they want about your survey, alot goes into salary → location, experience, talent, where you went to school??, position, company, field of work…etc so this is a difficult question to get the right results out of.- whatever no problem. but this salary making question is going to be difficult to form a solid answer that you want.

hopefully you get something out of it other than alot of posts-saying it sukks

This thread had only confirmed what I already knew about how anonymity affects how people communicate.

As for the poll, I only posted it in response to another thread where a poster was asking if such a survey had been done yet. Personally, I’m quite comfortable with my salary, and suspect from reading other threads on the topic here that the average starting salary is somewhere around $40,000USD per year