1HDC -8.04 - Power Tool Submission Forum

I was inspired by my radio controlled airplane hobby to make a hybrid rotary tool and soldering gun, while also adding in a temperature gauge (VERY important in RC).

THE AIR HAMMER

I was playing with Photoshop brushes and turned it into a battery powered screw driver/drill. The black side panels would be nice in rubber.

EaSY NaIL
This power tool is inspired from nail mounting manual process & stapler.

Process is as follows:
Power-on
Hold this product against the object (wall/furniture)
Position it through position marker.
Rotate Nail carrousel for the right size of nail.
Press button ‘Select nail’
A single nail will drop into the cylinder ‘A’, where it will be held in position through a collet type chuck (softer material)
Press button ‘hammer it’
The cylinder B will hit the nail it to wall (first slower operation)
This will followed by hard hitting from cylinder B.

For removal of nail, lock ‘V’ slot of the Nail remover in the nail.
Just press button ‘hammer it’
The cylinder B will hit on Nail remover & because of see-saw action, nail will get uplift.

User has option either use Nail Carrousel or can manually place the nail into cylinder A.

Just because I think that a power tool is only a body extension, I would like the tool to cover the user’s arm to look like a robot.

The shape must expresses the direction of the function. On this project this is clear that “extension” points forward.

Ok, total time is 1 hour and 1 minute because I post this section sketch to explain how to hold this tool.

This tool is like a glove.

This hobby work pad is intended for hobbyists with little to no dedicated
workspace. The pad supplies a convenient power supply and a slip resistant
work surface for power tools. The magnetized core layer keeps work and
hardware in place. The pad cleans off easily and can be rolled up for quick
quick removal from the kitchen table. Separate hardware pockets allow pieces
from works-in-progress to be rolled up with pad without loss of organization.

Not exactly a “power tool,” but I feel like it falls somewhere in the general category of tools, right?

Didn’t have time to color tool, hope you don’t mind. It should be self-explanatory, I hope you all enjoy.

My submission. Hand saw which has interchangeable blades to utilize the same handle. Change out to cross cut, hack saw, limb saw, etc with the twist of the knob lock. The handle has storage for a marking pencil and the blades have rulers etched on them so you can measure, mark and cut all with just the saw on hand.

Sorry for the grammar. I was in a hurry. This is done in photoshop. It’s most likely a concept power tool. It requires two hands for operation and easier hold of the tool. I was trying to get away from conventional way of how normal power tools would look and added some fun and characteristics to the design. In this case, I used vespa scooter. The shape and form looks a bit sci fi which is like nothing u have seen before. Thank you.

Hand held laser cutter for cutting paper, museum board, bass wood, acrylic, and polycarbonate up to quarter inch thick.
LASER CUTTER_low.jpg

Digi-Drill is an exploration for a unique drill which incorporates digital technology to address the following problems which numerous people have faced while using drills.

1. Drill bits get worn out and the size of the drill bit is difficult to read. We either use a vernier or a drill gauge to measure the same. With Digi-Drill, the drill bit is inserted and the rotary motion of the chuck translate it into a Digital reading. Press the Menu button to read it in mm/inches.

2. It measures the depth of blind holes using a laser and inversely reads the depth of the hole.

3. A digital level display for alignment checking of the hole.

Sketch: 10 mins
Sketch refinement: 30
Presentation: 15 mins

Closed!