1HDC 08.03 - Design some kick-ass speakers!

I do love the presentation of the hairy speakers, not sure if done in one hour.

Nice idea hair reacting to music, i personally wouldnt want fluff balls on my desk but nice idea.

griff - do they go to eleven?

HOT render yo love it, love the colour choices orange highlights really work for me! love it!

Thanks for clarifying that Ip_wirelessly. I just uploaded a new bunch of sketches… but I’m beginning to think I misinterpreted the brief.

Looking at the brief again it says judging will be based on the quality of presentation… doesn’t say “quality of the idea(s)”. Does this mean my roughly colored sketch page are completely inappropriate? :confused:

Please let me know… If I need to I can cut and paste one or two concepts into a clean board and clean them up a little. I should have some time left over to do that.

Cheers.

jr

I would tend to lean towards a presentation that shows some exploration was done (i.e. sketching) and has a good, clear presentation of an idea(s?).

Based on that…I will leave whether you re-do them up to you.

Some good stuff rolling in today!
Any favorites so far?

Loving the vintage microphone speaker, and my second best so far are the BUOY speaker set.

There’s a lot of really cool designs! I really liked these:
Armz - Ping Pang speaker balls
ADD - curvy cool looking (1st one)
cat_power - smart, speaker earphones, slick
noelleon - hairy speakers
skforlee - speaking speakers, witty
davo - pointy speakers
yo - Noguchi inspired well rendered speakers
agpop - quilted speakers
LT21 - floating speakers
spark_122 - Buoy Speakers

and others…

Well my favourites are

El dude arino - cause his idea was the same as what i had hense the non entry
Yo’s Soda can
and the fluffy speakers

Designed to have minimal impact on your desk and in design. Just clamp to ANY SURFACE and forget they are even there!

This was a great little exercise. I like

• speaker cups by rlightbod
  • liquid noise by Brittashcraft
  • The noguchi inspired bean by Yo

I Wish I could have contributed to this one, too much going on at work! Any chance the deadline can be extended???

The super low profile speaker by Travisimo is very cool. The round version that looks like a ghost rising up from under a blanket.

some good stuff coming out last minute!

Unfortunately not. We’re juggling peoples schedules as it is to get this thing judged in a timely manner.

Sorry timing didn’t work for you.

Now for the suprise…

As you all know, Kurt Solland is our guest judge for this 1HDC. He has dug into the Harmon Intl. coffers to bring out a sweet prize for this go around. We held off announcing that there was any prize. We were hoping that people would be inspired by the topic and the exposure…it seemed to work pretty well on that front :wink:

So here you go, the winner will be getting themselves a spanking new set of Spyro Speakers:

I like Travisimo too. Looks like the speakers could be used as paper weights. I like how they seem to be growing out of the flat surface.

Sorry guys … here’s just some dump questions since dis is da first time i join …

There’s a lil’ section under each concept saying: description and how many time the concept is viewed. I don’t see somethin’ like that under mine. Did i post it in the wrong section or do y’all see my concept at all??! My biggest fear is that i posted it in the wrong way and y’all don’t see mine …

Anyways … again dis is my first time … thanks for any info so i’mma know wat to do next time …

You’re good.

thanks dude

I like Zama’s Shy Speakers.

It takes a lot to make me notice anything related to audio but those ones just made me smile.

:)ensen.