01 Watch concept

Hello everyone! I wanted to share with you guys a small personal project I’ve been working on. I’ve been really inspired by Andrew Kim’s Powder project, and the Smart Watch concept from Jakebot. I wasn’t satisfied with current smart-watch offerings, so I decided to have a crack at it. To me, I feel that a smart-watch should complement a smartphone, while also reducing the need to take it out of the pocket.

Some interesting ideas. The digital watch with touchscreen UI is a concept that hasn’t been explored much and I think we are going to see more of it in the coming years - both concepts and products. NFC payment seems better suited for a watch rather than phone. I can see GPS moving into the watch to work with apps like Glympse, or Runkeeper etc (like a watch to track your kid, or a running watch). The simplicity is going to be key to success, as having twitter feeds, contacts, email etc is just rediclous on a watch.

Thank you! Glad to know I’m not the only one who thinks that way. :wink:

Hi Brye-Kun

Nice idea and nice representation of your idea. Simple and easy to understand!

I think the next step for you Should be thinking about Feasibility, eg. how the strap will really work, even if its magnet, the battery issue, charging, etc…
Would love to see in your future projects, finding real problems/issues with the usage and solving those opportunities

Good luck !

Brye-Kun

Nice project, well presented. The UI is very nice. I’d say the ID is clean to the point of being forgettable. It looks like so many other timepieces, it needs something memorable to make it more human and more desirable in my opinion.

Thank you for your insight Yo!

I do agree, the ID is pretty basic and faily forgettable. I’ll focus on nailing the emotion of the ID in the future!

The ID is very clean, it is well resolved, but I always think a product needs a little something provocative or unsettling at least to unsettling to a few people, to make it stand out.