1HDC 08.01 - Theft Proof Bike Submissions

My idea came about because I wanted to solve the problem of carrying a big lock. The problem is that bikes are light and one is able to carry it away even if it can’t be ridden. So this necessitates heavy duty locking. The workaround or solution I have is to make the locks a communally owned thing which you have access to by key. In other words, my idea is an RFID based locking infrastructure built city wide which you must subscribe to in order to cover the costs of running it (administration, and maintenance for example). You might have these posts throughout the city that have groves/depressions in the pavement beside them. You put your bike under a clamp (that is part of the lock) with its tires in the groves. Then the clamp is lowered onto your bike. (Sort of like those upright bike carriers for hithces) You swipe your card and it locks it in place. The clamp forces your bike down into the groves for your tires. The downforce and the groves/depression make it so thieves can’t steal your bike or your wheels even if they’re quick release. (They also keep your tires straight.) I’ve got a rough sketch but I’m too lazy to take a picture.

Cheers