1HDC v1.2 - eBook - Submissions

nu*book

I think the advantage a digital book could have over traditional books is updatebility. Carrying around a book isn’t that big a deal. We don’t travel with a library. When I go on the road I usually take 1 or 2 books with me. The hassle is always remembering to get a new book for the trip… nu*book does that for me.

Users can subscribe to monthly collections for a low anual fee. For example, sign on for the Oprah book club, or New York Times best seller list, or Phillip K Dick award winners; and all new books on the list automatically download to the nubook, always giving you that nubook on the go.

The aesthetic fits with the accepted iLook, which I think it is appropriate here. The nu*book has a simple, book-like form factor, a clean touch screen device with a leather “binding” that brings in a bit of a vintage book feel. All controls are similar to and as intuitive as the iPod touch and iPhone. The product also has a headphone jack to plug in noise canceling headphones and for audio book options or other media.