books on sketching skliz...?

Did just look at the site of the publischer.

It does not seem that way. But I will ask them.

The green book I have has a different ISBN number on their site
ISBN 978-3-8307-1293-0

seems that it has als been updated in this version

http://www.stiebner.com/controller.php?cmd=detail&isbn=9783830713401&verlag=0&scroll=0&id=
ISBN 978-3-8307-1340-1

B-art

They did a quick reply

there is a russian and a japanese but unfortunately no english version published yet.
mit freundlichen Gruessen - best regards

Pierre Sick
Produktmanagement

So no Englisch. Japanees I can understand, but why russian?

B-art

B-art,

Thanks for following up. I might buy the German version anyways just to check it out. If it’s a good book then it should pretty much explain itself with the drawings. I have a friend who speaks a little German, maybe I can sit down with him and have it translated.

eco.ID your welcome.

There is always bablefish for the hard words, or just ask me.
But not the comlpleet text please, to much work. :slight_smile:

B-art

Hahaha, just like “_Back to Schoo_l” with Rodney Dangerfield. “I’ve got one question, in 23 parts.”

Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind.

Has anyone mentioned Technical Graphics Communications by Bertoline and Wiebe?

It is the text book we are using in class.

Aside from a fairly comprehensive Chapter 4 on the subject of sketching; the rest of the book is awesome containing detailed chapters on multiviews, projections, isometric, and all other matters of the design process.

http://www.amazon.com/Technical-Graphics-Communication-Robert-Bertoline/dp/0073655988

kind of expensive on amazon, although I purchased it for $70 (including shipping) from half.com

Some of my sketches were recently featured in this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Drawing-Designers-Alan-Pipes/dp/1856695336/ref=sr_1_1/103-4576283-5860636?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1191812597&sr=1-1

I was just leafing through this book the other day at Artmart. Which sketches were yours? Congratulations on the publication of your sketches! I thought it was a decent drawing book overall.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/007292229X/ref=ord_cart_shr/103-9162191-6345423?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance

This book is mainly about Adobe Illustrator and it’s application for technical art. Has a decent section on rendering/shading… Good reference. Kinda expensive, so buy the used one. Hope someone finds it useful.

Just wanted to let you guys know about a great new book that was just released in October. It is much like Design Sketching in that it provides brief information about actual drawing techniques but contains about twice as many examples. It has lots sketches and renderings from Dutch schools and firms. Quite nice.

Sketching
Drawing techniques for product designers

There are product pages on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk where it should be out soon, or at the publishers.

Why do all the good design drawing/sketching books come out of Europe? Who cares, this will be another great read and reference. Thanks for posting it kepano.

This was supposed to be distributed in the US by Ginko Press but it’s been delayed.

Is there anywhere that sells this? Is it even out yet?

Thanks

JESTER

It’s released under BIS Publishers in the Netherlands. Sold for €39,00 and can be shipped to any country.

Too bad for you Americans that the Euro has been so strong lately :wink:

Thanks mvisbeek!!

-J->

Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but the Carl Liu book is like sketch p0rn;

Innovative Product Design Practice: Carl Liu Design Book
ISBN-10: 0955605709
ISBN-13: 978-0955605703

It’s just great sketch, after great sketch, after great sketch… and some nice, simple, clear tutorials. As far as I know the one I got is the 2nd edition (black cover, I think 1st edition had a white cover).

I think it’s hard to find however, I only found one company in the UK who had it.

what uk store was that as i’ve been trying to get hold of it and its a nightmare to find.

Got it from a place called Grandville International, based in Middlesex apparently, but I got it through Amazon:

Looks like they only sell that book actually! It’ll set you back about £26, best £26 I’ve spent in a long time.

Frikkin… awesome. I want Carl Liu to adopt me.

legend cheers m8

Has anyone seen the book: Product Rendering With Markers: Using Markers for Sketching and Rendering?

If so, is it any good?

I was at a small used book store today that just opened. I found a book called “Design Rendering Techniques: A Guide to Drawing and Presenting Design Ideas” by Dick Powell.

Wow, this book is so bad-ass!!! It’s from 1985 and is amazing. I heard his name on this forum but never seen any of his books. I might have to pick up the other one mentioned here.