SCUOLA POLITECNICA di DESIGN in Milan ripped me off!!!

Hello, i’m from SPD staff. i just wanted to add some details to the story.
I can tell for sure who mr pissed off is and i regret to say, his situation is rather weird.
He contacted us on end of June 2003 and for a couple of months he exchanged email messages and phone calls almost twice a week.
The school checked his profile, degree and experience and that’s why he was rejected for the Master’s program and accepted into the Basic Design Course (product design foundations). contract was signed on August 20th, 2003. the Italian language assessment course - compulsory - started at the end of September, he confirmed that he had taken beginner courses in Italian one year before and at the moment he was speeding up with “intensive lessons”. The only day he came at SPD he was tested in order to check his level in Italian language so i really don’t know what he can judge…
As for the refund, our policy is that every year there is a deadline in order to withdrawal from the Master’s/Courses and getting a full refund. When norman enrolled, he was 100% aware the deadline had expired.

And let me also say that in italy like in every part of the world it’s not the school that issue the visa for study purposes; it’s the consulate and you need to be previously enrolled in a school/university.

Personally i don’t like personal attacks, threats (or even praises) to be used to portrait a general situation but that’s it and when it occurs, you’d better be informed, don’t you?
the courses here have just ended. This years our Master’s teachers were Denis Santachiara, Piero Lissoni, Aldo Cibic and Patricia Viel (Studio Citterio) among tha others. Ferruccio Laviani, Aldo Cibic, are SPD’s alumni. Some of this year’s students have already started collaborating with design firms like Matteo Thun, Studio Citterio, AlfaRomeo. We’re currently collaborating with the politecnico di milano for a master’s program in interior design; we’re honorary member of ADI (Industrial Design Association) and that the school - founded in 1954 - has won the Compasso d’Oro ADI award.

You may not appreciate italian design or may feel that the italian education system doesn’t fit you but these are names and facts which can say something in the world of projects and design education.

AND YES, norman is right, during the Christmas holidays we moved to a new building (just 2 km and a few tube stops away from the old norman’s insurance building). We’re now in a new district for art and design with Abitare magazine, contemporary art galleries and design studios. though norman and his avatars wants to raises problems from nothing, our 200 master’s student seemed to have rather appreciated the quality of the space

I’m absolutely available for any enquiry or comment about the way schools and students figure out design and design education. but please, norman, just stop sending me personal threads and insult at my mail.

rita