SCUOLA POLITECNICA di DESIGN in Milan ripped me off!!!

Hi

I have been accepted into the Industrial Design program at Domus Academy and Instituto Europeo di Design.I have also got into Loughborough and Salford in UK.Your thread seems to b giving me a warning bout European schools.

Your views would be of gr8 help in my decision making process.

Thanx in advance

Hariesh

Hariesha,

IED Masters in ID is all in English. Domus Master in ID is in English for 2 months and then all in Italian after that. So, if you are not fluent in Italian or no Italian at all, IED is a better investment than Domus. Simply because you will understand the lectures better. IED also offers a 3 month internship after. Domus is too expensive also. I have checked out IED school and it is really nice and up to date and clean and full of really good looking people! The staff is really friendly. It is close to the centre and the famous fashion and cultural streets of Milan.

As for the rest, I have no clue!!!

Good luck!

the info that i have about domus are few years old. a friend of mine who went there said that their “state of the art” computer equipment consisted of 4 computers only, and the school seemed very disorganized. on the other hand, he really met great people and had a couple of great teachers. good place for networking. he had a lot of fun. they participated in the apple competition, won, and were all promised that they would go to san francisco, but at the end only two people went. he learned some italian, but ended up speaking english with all the students. overall, he liked the experience.

i was wondering: has anybody ever considered going to the politecnico di milano?

please dont go there. this is the consequence of open forums…

a FOOL and his money are soon parted. Designers should thank SPD for cleaning the designer gene pool of loudmouths and idiots.

to Guest before me. Why don’t you just stand up and then die!!!Fucker.

Doesn’t SPD advertise on the core77 mainpage?
same place?

yeah I that’s the one.

too many guests… register please

I think I went to Domus the year after the 4 computer year… they had 12 when I was there! Anybody who compares Italian schools to those in the U.S. or the U.K. is in for a surprise. Yes, they are disorganised, no they don’t do everything they say they will, no they don’t have state of the art facities but YES they provide an amazing environment for students to think about design beyond the next fashion trend.

Closerthanuthink, I know you studied industrial design in Milan at Domus. There seem to be a lot of people saying the schools there are not up to par with US. ie like SPD(I will not go there for sure). I hope to study fashion in Milan. ie Masters in Fashion at Domus. From what you have seen with your fellow students in the fashion department, is it a good place to study fashion? I am from North America, I hope to get a job with an Italian fashion firm after, will it be difficult for me to get a job after I graduate in Italy?
What is the living cost there for a month?

Thanks a lot.

Will

SPD is doing important design research. Some people go to study. Other people are for testing to be studied. SPD tests stupidity by luring people to Italy and taking thier money away! Other students observe the idiots. It is cutting edge school for marketing stupid products!

Where are you from? I am from North America. To study in Europe, you must pay first in order to get your student visa in your home country. If you don’t pay, the school wil not issue you a visa. I don’t care about the money. All I care is that since I did not have enough time to get my visa, I just want my money back- you know be fair. That’s all I want. However, SPD will not give my money. That’s why I wrote on this forum.

Other people have been writing in a negative way under my Username- belive me.

i was myself to apply to these college, domus and ied…
but thankfully i didnt…after what ihear, seems real bad!!!

Hi Saloni

Where r u from…NID.wat has made u come to this decision bout Domus and IED.This thread doesnt seem to be given a bad idea bout Domus n IED.

I have got into both and am looking forward to join.Need ur views.

Bye,

Hariesh.

hariesh, where are u from? iam currious, why Domus or IED - have you visited IED- are you taking the Masters in ID at IED. thanks

Hi…is the previous guest Saloni.
Very confusing with this new system of not registering.Pls login if a member.

Yes I have got into both Interiors and Industrial Design at both Domus and IED,Italy. I have also got into Loughborough and Salford. I heard Domus and IED are good schools as far as conceptualisation is concerned and am impressed with the array of companies which sponser projects.I am sure with such an environment NETWORKING is very much possible.

I am from India and have just passed out of Architecture n am freelancing.I am actually a bit confused about which school to join.

Ur views n suggestions could be of help.

Bye,
Hariesh.

I havnt been to IED.But they called me up for an interview twice.Pretty receptive ppl.Not like an earlier post which said they dont respond to mails quickly.I am not sure of the infrastructure. Do u have any idea?

Hariesh

These schools do not look so good. I visited the websites and they are really bad. IED and Domus are terrible and I could not even find gallery of work! SPD shows gallery of very poor work. I would like to go to school in Italy but what is the best school? Why do people waste time with these?

To Hareish,

I have been to IED in Vian Sciesa near the centre. Cool place and lots of hot women- really hot women students. The school is yellow and has a playground in the middle. It is pretty clean. The staff is great. Around the corner, there are lots of fashion houses ie Max Mara and others. I talked to a Korean Guy and said living for a month costs about 800-1000 E - everything. He said to book you stay early like 3 weeks before class so you can have time to look for accomodation. It is downtown so it will be expensive. Milan, is chaotic but fun, ugly but beautiful. Book your hotel right away from India. When in Malpensa, take the bus just infront of the airport- they come every 15 minutes. Take the Bus via Grand Central Station and take a taxi to your hotel if far away from the Central Station. Or go to Hotel Demo in viale Tonale just a block from the station. Make sure you don’t leave your bags laying around- keep an eye for pickpockets. Then go talk to your IED admin to set you up with accomodation.

Have you paid your fees? and do you have scholarship from IED?

Make sure you like the country first if you have no clue about Italy- then you are in for a surprise. So think about your decisions.
Have you paid your downpayment of 3000e so that they can give you a visa notice? Pay right away to get your visa on time. Italy is the best country in europe by far. The best cities are hours away by train ie Florence and Venice- even France and Swis are close.

Yes I agree their websites actually show very less work. But I know ppl over here who dream of getting into Domus. They say compared to univs in UK Domus and IED are more design based and more market oriented especislly with the kind of top class companies that aid students for their thesis.They consider it a good place for networking.Why dont u check out the various companies affiliated to the school in the website.I havnt seen any univ in UK which has such contacts with the field.Anyway just my opinion.

Looking forward to ur views.

Hariesh