books on sketching skliz...?

After posting on friday I went out and did some research this weekend. I went to the main branch of the public library here in pittsburgh. I thought since it is right smack dab in the middle of U of Pitt and Carnegie Mellon U it would have some great books on sketching and etc… I browsed through the contents pretty thoroughly only to find one book “Speed Sketching” by William T. Lent. The books is pretty dated, 1978. I also went to Barnes & Noble and Half Priced Books. When I got back home I browsed the internet to find shit as well. Most books are based on drawing the human figure, landscapes, still life, etc… I did more research here finding links to “The GNOMON Workshop”. I am convinced sketching books are a thing of the past due to the fact that these DVD’s can instruct the entire process with video + audio instead of a book’s step-by-step images and text.

So to get to the point, which of these videos are best for product designers? Which releate more to us opposed to special FX, animators, architects, interior designers, etc… I just want to make sure I buy the correct videos without being able to preview them.

If anyone has any insight I would appreciate it. Thanks!