Andy's "Sketch-a-few times a week"

Blocked out a chunky watch

Candy pink donut watch for the creative session donut challenge on insta

Paperclip inspired chair doodles

Progress of a cubic glass building inspired by Jenga. I really wish that Sketxhbook had perspective tools on the Ipad version!

Nice ones Andy! The last one reminds me this instagram profile…

That’s a cool sketch, reminds me of a giant obelisk.

Finished up the Jenga building

Thinking about how my Trek Session would ride on the trails if it didn’t have a seat. Maybe more manoeuvrable? I’m not brave enough to try in case I crash and get impaled by my empty seat tube :laughing:

I’d love to have a gearboxed belt drive system too because chain slap gets super annoying and my derailleur is always getting smashed up.

Quick blob sofa and flyknit everyday sneakers

About time I rendered the seatless downhill bike

Some tape measures from this morning. No lasers here

Jumping on the tape measure bandwagon

[attachment=0]81B6550D-1A12-4505-A149-C96196106E06.jpeg[/attachment]

Earbud sharpie doodles

Hollow timber lounge chair

Hollow walnut chair with stainless steel cladding on the inside to support the structure

Earbud doodles

Rendered up a simple earbud from the last sketch

Core wouldn’t let me upload an image for some reason? It kept saying that the file was empty, even when I tried to upload the same file from last week.

Andy, are those supposed to go in the ear? Hard to judge the scale here. The cable looks very thin.

They are supposed to go in the ear. The cable was originally going to be the full diameter of the circle area that it currently goes into, but I felt like it overpowered the actual earbud on the page at that size. Maybe I’ve gone too far the other way? A side view of it in an ear would help with visualising scale and context too, I’ll keep that in mind for slightly ambiguous forms! I’ll do some edits after work :slight_smile:

Take a look at the typical in ear. There are two styles, a bud which hangs out in the ear using fracture, and a true in ear with a silicone tip that goes in the ear canal. Both have much deeper housings to create an acoustic chamber. The diameter is a parameter based on average ears but the depth is where most of the design is, unless their is an element that mechanically locks into the ear contours… sorry, I’ve worked on a lot of headphones so I’m being a touch more critical, but thought you might to riff off a little technical feedback.

Here are a few patent drawings to give you a sense of scale…

I hadn’t even thought about the acoustic feasibility aspects of the design to be honest. I do love the technical feedback though, it’s great to be able to get real feedback from a designer who has actually worked on this kind of product.

So when a company starts out with a new line of headphones, most of the design time goes into making sure that the earbud stays in place to create the best acoustic chamber possible? I imagine it’s a challenge fitting so many different components in inside also.

Thanks for the feedback Yo!

It’s been a while! Mixed a Viking sword with a katana grip because I’ve been watching too many smithing videos by Alec Steele :laughing:

Back to basics on my Ipad. I’d say something clever about this if I knew what it was. Maybe a sugar jar?

Doodling away the past few months of rust with some circles for the first sketch of 2019.