Which monitor should I get?

clicks link, sees price https://media.giphy.com/media/4pMX5rJ4PYAEM/giphy.gif

Fixed it, I had the wrong product link. Somehow the specs are similar but the price is four times higher.

Philips just announced another 43-incher.

http://media.maxborgesagency.com/press/new-philips-monitor-the-first-to-achieve-hdr1000-certification/

I have to say I sort of struggle with anything past 40" unless you are using it at a much greater distance. I originally bought a 30" Dell Ultrasharp but wound up downsizing it to the 27" because I found myself moving my neck too much just to see things.

I can see it being useful if you need 4X inputs from multiple machines, or put the monitor much further away. But if you sit arms distance from your screen it just seems like a lot of panning and off axis viewing. The 34" is nice because it’s the exact same height as the 27" just wider.

I agree, the size can be overkill for personal use. Just looking at the LG 43-inch on display at the store it seemed like it required tilting your head up and down constantly.

Large size monitors are nice for reviewing work collaborately (like when you have to cram four people in your cubicle!). I’ve used the large TV’s in the conference rooms to review 3D work and the colors and gradients don’t come across as well.

We ordered a few of the Samsung 48" widescreens, and I went back to the dual 27" dell. I actually ended up losing resolution despite the actual screen size being roughly the same. Also, your programs open across the entire monitor, where I then have to undock it and manual resize. There were programs that acted as if there was a split, but it never really worked (I really like having the monitor division to keep documents separate).

Also, I found the angle of the screen to not be curved enough for the width. It didnt seem as though I was looking straight on the screen at the 1/3 mark of the monitor (where the center of my current monitor is now). This seemed to lead to a lot of reflection issues.

The widescreen also caused some serious issue with the counterstrike HUD.

That’s because you bought TVs, not monitors.

Nope, it is a monitor. I thought it was 48, but it is apparently 49"

Oh, that one. The only 48" screens they do are TVs.

The problem with that is it’s only a 1080P ultra-wide, compared to a 1440P ultra-wide. So the loss of resolution had more to do with the screen type. Gaming monitors are optimized for lower resolution and higher refresh rates compared to color accuracy and resolution.

I really don’t see a need for anything past 27 inches. It’s about resolution and image quality at that point. I’d just get two 27 inch monitors or an ultrawide.

A monitor for a computer has you sitting less then 2 feet away from it. Your eyeline should point to the top of the screen. Past 27 inches and you are below it.

I’d only go bigger if you are seated several feet away and the objective is to show people standing in the back a good image.

I personally find there to be massive benefit to being able to get a full A3 on screen with toolbars on. Also I’m pretty sure, ergonomically, that your eyeline should be in the centre of the monitor.

Where’s the ‘like’ button?

oh dang, my set up is more ergo than I thought :slight_smile:

That is with monitors at 15 degrees angle. I have mine flat.

“What 15 Years Of Computer Screen Evolution Looks Like”

Although I disagree that “the standard desktop monitor today has a resolution of 2560×1600”. That sounds a bit too generous, especially for 2013 when the article was published.

43-inch is Ok but you really have to get used to such a big screen… I personally prefer 30-inch. A big screen is nice when you review the work you did like for example when you create a flipbookor stuff but that can also be done with a smaller screen.

I am using LG 34 it a good and working fine and display also big and work in home and workstation well

Samsung just announced a new 43" 4K computer display today. :heart_eyes: