Dream Office

I fall in the middle with office landscape as I believe its best to have open collaborative spaces and then areas that are somewhat private for people who need some dedicated quiet time, offer them many different ways to work, lounge seating, closed spaces, pods, desking, etc. if your budget allows. In my space I would choose sit-to-stand tables that depending on the team I might gang together. This gives much more flexibility than say a benching system.

One thing that I will add that I’ve not seen on here yet is proper lighting which in my opinion is often overlooked and many people haven’t even experienced really great lighting in a work space. Windows are great, but too much and it can cause a lot of issues. My recommendation would be to have a balance of natural light, ceiling lights with somewhat lower levels, and then desk/task and floor lamps for more control by the user. Typically, computer screens give off somewhere of around 25 footcandles. You’re going to want about a 3 to 1 contrast ratio so around 70ish foot candles on a work surface to avoid eye strain (In general). I would also add brightness, dimming, and color temp control as well as high CRI products.