Research: How can we as designers prepare for globalisation?

Thankyou for your reply. @Ralphzoontjens . I like the idea of multidisciplinary approach. And you have a good point here that it is important that upcoming technologies and products needs to be good fir to human and we as designers should start with researching human life and how technology can contribute and add value.

I understand the fact that I need to be more specific with my research questions. Here in my research I am tying up two topics Globalisation and UX AI which are very wide in context that I am finding it quite difficult to narrow down the research. I have written a small summary which can describe a little more about my area of Research.

I would be very thankful if I can get some more opinions to carry forward my research and narrow it down.

Due rapid increase in globalisation, national borders are becoming irrelevant and Internet & communication technology plays the biggest role. Design firms themselves are increasingly globalising in the course of globalisation. Literature suggests it is the multilevel of interaction that is decisive for globalisation. Internet of things, Networked production, new forms of online commerce, they all play a very big role while designing for globalised world.
Globalisation is often termed as “networks” and “flows” and the one medium through which we all are connected is Internet of things and AI algorithms. Devices have become a distraction, but designers can start looking in the area where instead of adding more distractions and frictions, we start adding values.
According to recent statistics, 90% of what’s on web was created just in last two years. The amount of knowledge created in one day is equal to what we could possibly absorb in a lifetime.
Soon we will be entering the age of ubiquitous computing and Statistics also suggest that it is expected that there will be more than 100 billion connected devices by 2025.
Now a day’s demand for personalization has also gone mainstream. Consumers across the globe are adopting intelligent personal assistants like Siri(including those without visual support, like Alexa and Google Home) at rapid rates because they are efficient, user-friendly, and secure – everything a customer wants and that AI can provide.
Literature says, the next step will be getting this technology to work flawlessly and investing in next-gen voice interfaces to create a more human experience.
I understand the fact that I am tying up two topics together and that is because designers like it or not, are tied to globalisation. We have no choice but to understand the economic, social, cultural and political implications of globalisation on society and on our individual professional situations and keeping up with the pace of global marking and upcoming technologies. Since, Technology is one of the main reasons for globalisation, we as designers can take initiative and shape the future of design.
It’s a new direction where designers recently starting looking at it. I think it’s the right time for designers to start preparing for level up version of globalisation in the age of UX AI.