Doodling

1979 Ford F100 deluxe… what started as a doodle went hardcore and got some marker on it! Changed a little bit the grill and other features in order to have fun and not think too much on a realistic render. Wheels are freaking difficult :cry:

20 min. doodles about form exploration for this weekly design challenge! Trying to understand how a 90° twist will look on a cutlery set. Haven’t googled any reference so maybe someone already designed something like this. Anyway, what do you guys think about the weekly design challenge thing on Instagram? I feel like most of the time, people submit just illustrations and very few designed proposals.

Quickie Citroen DS doodle

R

A few breakfast doodles before heading up to LA for some meetings.

Ceramic cutlery set for this week’s weekly design challenge… the texture of these kinda geometrical highlights just happened by accident and I dig it!
Then I draw some sort of Mini but using only my memory, definitely cars are not my thing but really fun to do! For the sideview tried 3 wheels distance but seemed too long and instead of trying 2,5 wheels, went directly to 2 and looks completely odd… have a nice weekend everyone!

Nice work, Rodrigo! Keep them coming!

Thanks yo! I’m committed to start sketching everyday and focusing on improvement… in this case, haven’t watched any tutorial for car drawing just keep using memory, imagination and some image references to see how far/bad/good can I get.

Messing with proportions, views, shading and of course screwing up ellipses in perspective :unamused:

adding a little digital shading overtop of this sketchbook doodle

When I was in college in the 90’s I wanted a Nissan Pulsar NX wagon :slight_smile:

I remember those… Nice sketch Yo, I dig the stripe taillights.

Haven’t seen much of March of robots… here’s some roborace madness!

Thanks, always loved the original Pulsar NX tail lamps that were all diagonal stripes.

I totally slacked on March of Robots this year! Thanks for posting some.

A quick task chair doodle between conference calls. You know when you have that 30 minutes between meetings that aren’t really enough time to get back into what you were working on, or start something new? Time for a doodle.

Still doing some weird scenarios and characters… and a little bit of Akira! Saw it yesterday and it was awesomly interesting…

Just a random doodle before leaving the house for a design review :slight_smile:

something I found on my hard drive from 2016…

Boarding gate wait to Helsinki got me an Aalto (clichè) vibe and a dumb hot glue gun perspectives…

In the future I wonder if fully autonomous vehicles will have any screens or if they will be strictly BYOD (bring your own device). We have been working on projects with both solutions in the studio and I suppose the answer is based on the intended use cases for the vehicle… I also think we could see a return to bench seats but that is another story.

Is that going to be industry-driven or user-driven? I haven’t really seen a direction really stand out yet. I’ve noticed on United flights, it’s BYOD unless you wanna pay for DirectTV. On the other hand, on American, they’ve updated the screens to make them touchscreens. As a user myself, I’m pretty much BYOD because I can control whatever I watch. But I can totally see the industry wanting full control of the interfaces themselves, since they wouldn’t have to deal with all the different kinds of devices people have.

On an unrelated topic… got inspired by Weekly Design Challenge to draw something up, albeit somewhat late.