Doodling

The Subarus of the early 90’s (that a lot of people loved) were designed by Peter Stevens… who is Peter Stevens? Never heard go him? … Well, he is the guy that designed the McLaren F1… yup, the guy the designed the McLaren F1 also designed the Subaru Legacy and Impreza… that is some range. He also did the 80’s Lotus Esprit update and Elan. http://peterstevensdesign.co.uk a fun guy to follow on facebook, he posts a lot of auto design process insight and analysis.

Yup. Already follow on FB. Great insight.

R

Peter Stevens ran the design studio for a spell while I worked at Rivian Automotive around 2011 - 2012. Very nice and thoughtful guy. Working with those designers in the studio is what inspired me to pursue ID, hence why I’m here today! Definitely a legendary designer and I’m happy to see that people know his work!

Alfa Romeo Shooting Brake

@ yo I’d love to see a car sketch from you where the windshield is taller than 4" :mrgreen:

I think I’ll just use this topic for a sketch-a- day journey… here are some lame backpacks and a little bit of marker rendering on it. Saw a few tutorials (included the one that Molested Cow uploaded like 10 years ago lol) and I’m willing to dry up these copics and practice as much as I can. Does anyone have a good tutorial to watch? The Scott Robertson’s one was quite helpful…

I did one specifically on hand drawing backpacks back in 2016. I’m working on a digital version that will go live tomorrow.

Well… time to reach out your video Michael, didn’t see it when i was searching tutorials on youtube :confused:
I guess you’re talking about your tutorial tuesday! Correct me if i’m wrong but i think you’ll be using the sketch i mailed to you a few days ago :stuck_out_tongue:

Just saw it yo, nice and concrete about using simple methods to pop up a skecth! Guess im searching something more technical, like how to blend colours, some insights about starting with light values first and then do another pass when ink still wet or just go to a darker value (this is a little bit of what Scott Robertson does on his tutorial). IDK maybe i need to practice a lot and then answers will come up :laughing:

1979 Ford F100 deluxe… what started as a doodle went hardcore and got some marker on it! Changed a little bit the grill and other features in order to have fun and not think too much on a realistic render. Wheels are freaking difficult :cry:

20 min. doodles about form exploration for this weekly design challenge! Trying to understand how a 90° twist will look on a cutlery set. Haven’t googled any reference so maybe someone already designed something like this. Anyway, what do you guys think about the weekly design challenge thing on Instagram? I feel like most of the time, people submit just illustrations and very few designed proposals.

Quickie Citroen DS doodle

R

A few breakfast doodles before heading up to LA for some meetings.

Ceramic cutlery set for this week’s weekly design challenge… the texture of these kinda geometrical highlights just happened by accident and I dig it!
Then I draw some sort of Mini but using only my memory, definitely cars are not my thing but really fun to do! For the sideview tried 3 wheels distance but seemed too long and instead of trying 2,5 wheels, went directly to 2 and looks completely odd… have a nice weekend everyone!

Nice work, Rodrigo! Keep them coming!

Thanks yo! I’m committed to start sketching everyday and focusing on improvement… in this case, haven’t watched any tutorial for car drawing just keep using memory, imagination and some image references to see how far/bad/good can I get.

Messing with proportions, views, shading and of course screwing up ellipses in perspective :unamused:

adding a little digital shading overtop of this sketchbook doodle

When I was in college in the 90’s I wanted a Nissan Pulsar NX wagon :slight_smile:

I remember those… Nice sketch Yo, I dig the stripe taillights.