Sketch-Fu: Men's Footwear

taking nothing away from those those brands, but they aren’t in the performance conversation at all…even the lifestyle product of performance brands are aimed at a different consumer; using the hype machine is just a tactic that is mostly unrelated to/not exclusive of doing fresh things.

@rkuchinsky:

nice sketch for the wets - same going on here in the PNW lately (no surprise)
I don’t know much about footwear design: what do the dashed lines represent?

Dashes were more for visual interest on the sketch, really. Something like indication of water level, perhaps. This was just a doodle, so not that much thought into it, to be honest :wink:

R

On the subject of boots I really like what Dachstein did with the Superlegra model.

@rkuchinsky:

Thanks, R!

quick one

Playing with a sketch while testing my new Mac…

Nice one!!!

Her name is Nicoline :smiley:
Although it is a good point that nicotine can enter our bloodstream and brain.

Those are great sketches by the way, my only comment is that some side view sketches look flat even though there is a lot of texturing and shading.
There is a little trick originated by Disney that gives a sketch a more 3D feel.
Disney illustrators never draw a face flat when drawn in profile - they always indicate a hint of 3D drawing a piece of the opposite eyebrow, eyelashes and hair. Just that one receded layer brings a drawing to life in 3D.
Look at Junglebrodda’s sketches - they are almost simplistic drawn so flat but they still feel 3D just because of the correctly drawn slight perspective in every sketch. Backlight also works.

Getting acquainted with the Surface Book 2…

First day of spring tomorrow got me thinking it’s soon boat shoe season…

R

Some +/- 5 min doodles

Air Max Day yesterday… might render this up a bit tighter if I have time.

R

Some SBP fun…

It’s been a few years since I don’t do digital drawing and yesterday got an Intuos so it’s time to take the weirdness off!

Spring is here! Plant an outsole and let it grow.
3dcoat & PS.

Another AI rendo…

You guys have been influencing me and I’ve been playing more with pure .ai renders… doing it in automotive. I’ll post one later this week.

Remixed the OS into an Adidas concept…

just a quick doodle