Lost and in need of help

I told you I would follow up on this thread, and so here I am, after a year’s worth of applying to jobs, having all expenses paid flights out to a number of design studios around the country for interviews, having almost all but given up on my job search, I just submitted my signed offer to my new employer and my resignation letter to my current employer today!

I learned a lot over the past year, but I think one of the most important things I needed to learn was to believe in myself. I had put a lot of thought into my portfolio and resume, and made a few updates through the year. In order to land the job, I also had to put that much thought and care into the interview, and believe that what I was showing was actually who I am. Confidence in my experience and my abilities took the year for me to develop.

So, after designing “gift card holders” for 7 years straight, I will now be designing bbq grills, related accessories, and additional outdoor bbq experience related products that will be sold in Walmart and other major retailers. Gift card holders resided in the POP, gift, and craft related markets. I jumped a pretty huge gap there, and I’m super excited.

One more thing, I did not land this job by applying to a job board post. I prepared for it by applying to job boards. This job came through my network that I was acquiring along the road. Cool huh!

Good luck to you and everyone else out there looking for an ID Job!