pay cut?

I took a paycut before graduating college.
I was working as a Graphic Designer during school part time in order to pay my bills and tuition. Before graduating I took an internship in ID for less money but the decision was easy…I didn’t want to be a graphic designer. I actually had a couple of job offers for graphics but had to turn them down.

If you are not happy then move. Also think of growth in the long term. Which company will offer you more growing possibilities 2, 5, 10 years down the road. Which company has a better design department? Will you be taking a pay cut to work with more creative & talented individuals?

Freshly married sounds like the perfect time…I’m assuming no mortgage yet and renting. Once you buy a house and/or have kids then moving becomes a much harder thing to do and consider. Also, if your wife works, you have to take that into account. How much will both of you be commuting, etc.

Sometimes money isn’t everything. You have to also consider your quality of life. But if you are the sole bread winner in the household then salary, health insurance, and benefits are very important.