Marumado Lamp - Ring Joint Desk Lamp

I agree with most of what is said here.
But that hinge is not going to work like that. First of all: how do you make something like this? A hollow metal ring? That’s not a standard part you can buy anywhere because that would be ridiculously hard to manufacture. It would be possible to do the metal tube and ring component as one part with a lost sand casting and a lot of polishing - similar to how water faucets are made. But that isn’t cheap and far from trivial.
Also I assume it “works” on your 3d print because the surface of both parts is rough enough and they just interlock with each other without slipping, but how is the experience really going to be? Smooth sliding? How does the contact work? You just want to press it into place with the plastic parts? What happens after moving it ten times and the plastic wears out? Can you re-tighten it? If you have injection molded plastic that snaps together where will the seams be? Won’t they be right at the front where they are really apparent?
In many cases I would say “let the engineers figure out the nitty gritty details”, but in this case the whole concept HINGES (get it? :wink: ) around that hinge. So you have to deliver. And I think your explosion rendering actually makes the situation worse because it makes it more apparent that you haven’t really figured out how it works.
Also thanks to LED technology you can make really small light sources that don’t even need a big shade because they can just have a tiny lens attached that does the same thing. This results usually in dramatically smaller lamp-heads which in return also slims down the base significantly. The whole proportions just scream “lamp designed for old, heavy lightbulbs” to me, even though you plan to use crazy expensive and crazy lightweight OLED panels.