10 years out...What does your portfolio look like?

I think for XX years out, process should show no matter what. Even if you are now in a higher level role, you probably have done all those patterns, tech packs, mockup, at some point over the XX so have bits and pieces to show.

The biggest difference I think is that compared to a more junior portfolio you don’t have to show the depth PER project, since you have the breadth ACROSS a large variety of projects. That is, you can show final samples for projects ABC, tech packsfor project DEF, sketches for projects GHI, etc. and people get that you can do it all.

Just looking at your website quickly, Jim, I have to concur however I’m not seeing lots of process… Only one page with a few doodles, and many of the projects link out to a final product page with no process showing at all. Not sure if you are presenting something a lot different in interviews but the online picture I’m getting is a bit incomplete.

…I’ve recently done a few updates on my website as well and have tried to communicate the same breadth and depth. Even more tricky, I’m not only doing product, but also graphics, packaging, illustration, etc. sometimes all within one project, sometimes as discrete projects…

R