Got the product, now how to get sales

A few thoughts.

First off, cool, concept and congrats for getting out there and actually making something!

1. …That being said, it seems to me, it’s obviously more an experiment or personal project since you seemed to launch something without the foundation of business case/plan, marketing plan, etc. Which kind of confuses me the now questioning for sales. Is this a business or something for fun or exploration?

2. Product wise, I think you have something interesting, but visually I’m not sure if feels as contemporary or “designed” as it could be. Look at the Adidas Futrecraft stuff or any of the recent sport lifestyle trends and compare level of detail, shape, materials, colors ,etc.

3. Branding wise, as mentioned I don’t think there is good alignment between what you are offering (product/service/experience), your personal brand and the story. The name and logo is very tech/big brand, but the product is mid level refinement and reads more like a student project, and your story and craft are more experimental and if anything art-based.

If you are more interested in the bespoke hipster look, this is an all together different direction.

Checkout for example the Shoe Surgeon- https://www.theshoesurgeon.com

1. To also consider in all this if you are looking for a better business opportunity and brand position, is the target market. WHO is buying it? WHY are they buying it? This will affect everything from price point to design style, to brand, colors, look and feel etc. Right now I would wonder who would want this? It doesn’t look premium or aspirational, it’s not really on trend fashion hype beast/lifestyle, it’s maybe art or something in the hackerspace?

Hope this all helps. I’ve been working in footwear for 18 years and have been working on creating a modular footwear brand for the last 3 years so know the space very well. It’s a difficult thing to balance something new for the sake of something new with fashion/lifestyle and also technology. Mostly I believe the tech needs to be a means to an end (a way to get the look/fit/uniqueness you want ie. NikeID), or something so different it’s aspirational in and of itself (ie. Adidas Futurecraft). Anything in between is kinda a deadzone or a gimmick.

R