Polycarbonate or ABS

Appreciate all your answers! I can’t remember if I read or heard a long time ago that there were a 1000 new plastics developed a year or every few years, so it would make sense that it is a difficult task to determine exactly the kind of plastic they (Room Essentials) are using. I simply wanted to have a rough idea of the kind material I am looking to use for my project.

AVClub
I agree with you, I have personally worked with Plastic Engineers in the past and I have found their technical expertise to be invaluable. I may have to go that route if everything else fails. I am definitely shooting for something that feels nice to the touch. Finally, burning plastic is a big no no, but thanks for the advice.

Cyberdemon
I would rather use PC if possible especially and as iab mentioned that “Silicone sticks the best to PC”. I just wanted to make easier for the supplier to know what I am trying to accomplish. Bottom line, I may have to send them the actual product for reference.

iab
Thanks for the info regarding Silicone and PC. The bottom part does feel like silicone to the touch, but sounds like plastic though. The finish is definitely not shiny, more like a matte one.

I have already gathered a short list of potential suppliers, and all I have to do now is to get hold of them and find out what works best.