Magic Leap ???

I had a fun argument/debate with a VP about whether competency in one area of a company was an indicator of competency or excellence in another. For example, Amazon’s principle of frugality meant that you as an employee had better be OK with a door on sawhorses as a work table. (I think they have improved this a little bit now). Our debate was on how much $ to spend sprucing up the outside of our HQ building; his take was "well, when they see that our paint is faded on our facade and we don’t have a fancy sign, they’ll think ‘hmmm they must spend all their time on their products’.
My comeback was ‘when you drive past a neighbors house and see that their yard is a mess, do you think hmmm well I bet they can cook really well?’ (nope)

Point being if this is to someday be a consumer product, they could make even an early dev kit more desirable/appealing to a wide CE market. Unless its intended to be for the Urkels/Rodmans/don’t care if you look like the Cherno Alpha pilots from Pacific Rim. Maybe that’s cool.