Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Spoilers)

If I don’t think about the plot then it was great. I was happily entertained. Loved the ships, costumes, character details, environment details, etc.

However, there were a few things that bothered me.

1. The whole “Vegas” town element of the movie. Too many cultural/political/socio-economical elements. It seems like they wrote that whole scene in order to insert these themes…it felt forced. So they planned to find a random guy, take him back, get them into the ship, open the magic room, that houses the giant switch. Really, all that to turn off a switch. They now have hyperspace tracking but they still use a giant switch.

2. Felt like there were too many inner conflicts just to create more drama. Rey and Luke, Poe and the purple hair lady, Snoke and Solo, etc. It almost felt like a typical teenager movie where the wise older character refuses to help the whiny teenager.

3. And then the old mighty Snoke gets taken out like a b*&ch with a sideways light saber…lame. He could see everything Solo was thinking…except that! Lame. When I first saw the red soldiers I was pleased and liked the detail that went into each of them. However, when they started the fight scene it felt forced again. The old “insert fight scene here” trick.

4. And then Finn and Rose being captured inside the ship but not being killed. They had an army of troopers and the great Phasma…again taken out by good old Rebellion Scum Finn.

5. Was there a climax to the movie?

There’s more but I’ll stop there. My favorite was The force awakens. That one made me feel like a kid again. I felt the same excitement as when I watched the original 3 as a kid.