Yo! 2017 sketch a day

thanks 250gb!

today’s sketch in various states of disarray…

doubled up today, I got one behind. I rendered up one of those integrated wall hung vanity concepts from the thumbnail page I posted last week.

My friend sent me a new Lamy pen so I thought I’d take it for a test drive over lunch :slight_smile:

I love the variety of work done in this thread, so many awesome little drawings, can’t wait to see what you have in store for 2018.

Thanks DESIGN_Tafuro… in 2018 I can’t wait to not be doing this sketch a day project! :slight_smile: as fun as it is it will be nice to take a break. A lot of that time will be spent finishing the writing part and laying out the book.

Today’s sketch, went to see Star Wars yesterday. Got me thinking of all those Joe Jonson sketches from the original trilogy that inspired me when I was younger.

Van life post it sketch

sketches 300-351! Just a few left

My wife got me into watching that Netflix show, “The Crown”. All that cruising around on the Royal Yacht, Britannia has me drawing up a boat.

a wintery high speed train scene… quick iPad doodle while watching The Crown on the couch with my wife. :slight_smile:

I missed a couple of days due to some work travel this week.

Happy holidays everyone! Thanks for following along in here during the year!

A couple from Christmas Day

process vid on that watch

and for the speedster: Quick Take 72: Speedster - YouTube

playing a little catch up today

My wife and I went up to Idyllwild, CA today and it got me thinking about some mountaineer looking hiking boots. Siped rubber with a dual density midsole, a single piece toe/mudguard, perffed padded collar, and of course some woven laces, speed hooks, and a few 3m pops in the heel!

I’m finding it fun going back to digital after being analog for a big chunk of the year. I worked on an automotive project that had me sketching 100% digital for a month and that got me back into the swing of it. I think alternating is good, you end up bringing techniques both ways.

Quick one while listening to the Obama / Prince Harry BBC podcast

Just some thumbnails today

A big thank you to everyone that followed along throughout 2017 on my sketch a day project! Sometimes they were serious, sometimes silly, sometimes they were 90minutes, sometimes they took 5 minutes… but they were always fun. My Q1 is looking full right now, but I’ll do my best to turn them into a book by Q2! Thanks again. It has been a fun adventure.