DURO Modular Crutch

Did you bother with looking at the behance page?

The “problem identification”

• For “active” people - ummm, you are on crutches
  • No “high end” crutches - why do you think that is?
  • “Uncomfortable” - perhaps, but the final design is no different
  • “Heavy weight & structural weakness” - almost laughed when I read this. Is the OP design lighter and more structually sound than a pillar?

The “design proposal”

• An FEA - so yes, the OP did make up some phony baloney data. What type of cf was used? How many layers? Layup pattern?
  • “Hip clearance” is vital - where is it?
  • “Flexibility” for comfort - yet all the weight is supported by the hands, none on the armpits. A force vector going up is a force vector going up.
  • 50th percentile man - never mind the 5th percentile woman or 95th percentile man. Only the upper portion of the design is module yet no measurements for different sizes? And again, who exactly is cutting the bottom to size? The customer? And when they fcuk that up, who gets to replace the $1000 crutches?

If you want me to go on, just let me know. The fact of the matter is if you want to do a styling exercise, fine, do a styling exercise, but don’t try to pass off research/data you did the night prior to your critique as anything other than bullshit. The OP needed only to review ideas with a single physical therapist to discover some actual data. And you think that is asking too much of a student? Really? Why is that?