Yo! 2017 sketch a day

Had this little doodle in my notebook for a wall mounted router that is loosely inspired by a stuff game head, albeit it would be small, but just as a fun notion. Rendered it up this afternoon.

Like others have posted, the question (although blunt) is valid - And the answer is extremely subjective as there are so many individual opinions and none are absolute. For me i look at it as a book that will be used within my house (i still love print vs digital)

1. Sketch ref material (i have 2 shelves devoted to this)(and 1/2 a Terra byte drive) and am always looking for different styles that i can use / teach / ref
  2. An example not only for me but my sons’s of dedication and effort to a goal - even though on some days im sure you really don’t want to do it
  3. Just the fun of turning it into a book and the enjoyment
  4. A chance to make some money for doing something that was fun

Im sure there are many more points other may have - some positive and some negative - This is one of those situation where some on says “why do it?” and my immediate response would be “Why not?”

Thinking about integrated vanities for 1/2 baths.

If you want to be picky, what about the time Michael misspells his own name?

As for a reason to publish this book, what exactly is wrong with self-promotion? (not necessarily directly at you Mrog, just a general thought) Coming from a consulting background, it is a constant hustle. If yo can leverage it, good on him. Maybe it isn’t for an industrial designer, but an industrial designer is not hiring Michael either.

thanks for the catch iab… apparently I crowd source my spellcheck… :blush:

sketch demo down at New School of Architecture and Design today

Simple chair for furniture Friday

Evening doodle

added some synth music over top of this Celica sketch :slight_smile:

Awesome! And you cannot beat 80’s synth

thanks 250gb!

today’s sketch in various states of disarray…

doubled up today, I got one behind. I rendered up one of those integrated wall hung vanity concepts from the thumbnail page I posted last week.

My friend sent me a new Lamy pen so I thought I’d take it for a test drive over lunch :slight_smile:

I love the variety of work done in this thread, so many awesome little drawings, can’t wait to see what you have in store for 2018.

Thanks DESIGN_Tafuro… in 2018 I can’t wait to not be doing this sketch a day project! :slight_smile: as fun as it is it will be nice to take a break. A lot of that time will be spent finishing the writing part and laying out the book.

Today’s sketch, went to see Star Wars yesterday. Got me thinking of all those Joe Jonson sketches from the original trilogy that inspired me when I was younger.

Van life post it sketch

sketches 300-351! Just a few left

My wife got me into watching that Netflix show, “The Crown”. All that cruising around on the Royal Yacht, Britannia has me drawing up a boat.

a wintery high speed train scene… quick iPad doodle while watching The Crown on the couch with my wife. :slight_smile:

I missed a couple of days due to some work travel this week.