Drawing Setup recommendations

Go to IKEA and buy the biggest table your 300$ can afford :wink: Personally I don’t know a single designer from my generation or up that still owns a drafting table, I don’t think that is something worth fretting about.
The probably biggest mistake you can make is to think you need a certain type of “tool” to really get started doing anything. You don’t need a drafting table and you don’t need video equipment to record your sketching. No one will watch it unless you are some internet sensation. It will only add another layer of obstruction and work to your practice that will keep you from practicing at all. All you need is a big stack of cheap printer paper and a pack of bics. That’s all that was ever needed for some great designs out there. If you really really want to record yourself buy a tripod for 15$ and tape your phone to it. If it helps you in any way you can upgrade. If not just skip it.
I feel it is very common for many people (including me at times) to think that you need to make a financial or physical investment into something in order to follow through with it because the guilt will drive you into it. Unfortunately it never works like that. That’s probably the reason most gyms make most of their profit with the people who never show up and companies like Canon or Nikon would be out of business for a long time without all those people who really really want to get into photography - and this time for real.
I forgot who told me or who said that, but the advice was: Buy the cheapest possible version of whatever thing you think you need. Once it breaks you know you will use it with a certain intensity and you can replace it with something appropriate. You would be surprised how many things never break.