Doodling

I haven’t sketched anything in a while so I spent breakfast this morning doing some line work exercises

Sunday stool with black steel legs and timber seat.

Braun Sixtant

Doodle… The Germans…E28, R107, 959

R

A little MCM vibe architecture…

R

nice one Richard. Liking the extreme color pallet to force the night lighting.

Quickie rocker.

R

a lil throwback doodle i rediscovered that put up on the youtubes

Its not always about the pretty sketches… in fact there are probably dozens of these for every polished sketch. This was a little white board session. We had this speaker completely designed and the initial sonic testing on the tweeter was all off because we did this beautiful aluminum baffle… the only choices were to change the material or to offset the tweeter. The asymmetry totally corrected for the reflections. But we were late in the game and only had a day to design this change. A quick hour group working session and we had a solution. Also we were able to convince the brand management team to sell them as pairs vs individuals so we could do a mirror image L/R pair.

My concept for the weekly design challenge

Japanese inspired
Using the Sumi - e brush set in Sketchbook Pro

Second one is out of Sketch book. the first is trying to play with levels… (still working on figuring that out)

Nice Chevis, I like the brush detailing on the blades.

I think the knives would pop more if you combined the contrast of the knives from the first image with the softer background from the second, I’m a bit overwhelmed by the strong bright background right now!

Okay here is where i ended up. i think you are 100% right. i feel this has much better balance

Much better.

Are those leaves a brush in sketchbook?

It was a image i found and then used the sumi -e brushes to duplicate it (trace). i have always love the Japanese brush style.

Journal Doodles that i do for the character within the D&D game that i play in with my son.

This is so awesome. +100 Dad points (is that a D&D thing?).

Yup, my sons got exposed to Dungeon and Dragons last year, i started off just taking them and doing work, then i was asked to play. I created a character and though i would pretend the character would journal the adventure so i chose to create this while we did it. The rest of the group looks forward weekly to reading what i wrote “in character” as it pertains to his perception of the party and the adventure.

One of my son’s has decided he is going to try this for his next adventure.

Quickie water bottle doodle. Playing with layer blending modes in Procreate.

R

22km long run done. …Sitting in my lounge chair doodling chairs…a bit meta.

R

Last weekend i started a Familyweekendsketchchallenge with my two sons - each weekend we have a different them and what is being demonstrated.

Last weekend we did “coloring” A awesome designer Dan Zimmerman provided us with concept work line drawing
This week we went went with a Nerf Gun theme and taught how to use black and white layers

Capture.JPG